Mary Sarah "Sally" Frey
was born about 1806 in North Carolina, the daughter of Joseph Frey
. Her mother's name is not known.
Sally married Elisha Davis?
on 13 Nov 1823 in Davidson Co., Tennessee. They lived in Williamson Co., Tennessee where Elisha had a farm adjacent to his father, Frederick Davis, which he also eventually acquired.
Sally and Elisha had the following children:
- Sarah Frances Davis - Born on 21 Feb 1825.
- William Felix Davis? - Born on 13 Dec 1827.
- Ellen Robertson Davis? - Born on 28 Nov 1830.
- Joseph Frederick Davis - Born in 1832.
- Susan Amanda Davis - Born about 1832.
- John Elisha Davis - Born on 11 Jun 1835.
Her husband Elisha died on 11 Jun 1835 of cholera in Natchez, Mississippi while returning from a trip to Texas where he had bought land and was planning to relocate.
Sally and her children remained in Tennessee until 1846 when they moved to Texas.
Sally next married Seth Ingram?
on 9 Feb 1846 in Matagorda Co., Texas.
Mary Sarah Frey Davis Ingram died in 1873 in Matagorda Co., Texas.
- Given name appears as "Sally", "Sallie", "Sarah", "Sarah M." and "Mary S." in various records. The 1899 Davis genealogy appears to be the only reference to her full name as "Mary Sarah", though the context of the other records makes it apparent they all refer to the same person.
- Lineage: Circumstantial evidence of probate record.
- Birth: Census records.
- Marriage: Marriage records.
- Death: Per abstract, will probated 4 Sep 1873.
- Tennessee State Marriages, 1780-2002; Listing for Elisha Davis and Sally Frey, 13 Nov 1823, Davidson Co.
- Death Notices from Western Weekly Review, 1833
SUSAN AMANDA infant daughter of ELISHA DAVIS died February 3, 1833.
- Death Notices from Western Weekly Review, 1835
- Minute Book Genealogy of Williamson County, Tennessee 1799-1865; Page 110
- 1840 US Federal Census, Williamson Co., Tennessee, Page 142; Roll 537? - Speculative.
- Probate Record of Joseph Fry Estate; Michael Fry, admr., 15 Dec 18xx
- Texas Census, 1820-90; Listing for Sarah M. Davis, 1846
- Texas Marriage Collection, 1814-1909 and 1966-2002; Listing for Seth Ingram and Sarah M. Davis, 9 Feb 1846, Matagorda Co.
- 1850 US Federal Census, Matagorda Co., Texas, Page 381B; Roll M432_912?
- Abstract of Will of Seth Ingram, 29 Mar 1857, probated 29 Jun 1857
- 1860 US Federal Census, Matagorda, Matagorda Co., Texas, Page 503; Roll M653_1300?
- 1860 US Federal Census, Slave Schedule, Matagorda, Matagorda Co., Texas, Page 19; Roll M653
- 1870 US Federal Census, Matagorda, Matagorda Co., Texas, Page 470A; Roll M593_1597?
- Abstract of Will of Mary S. Ingram, Oct 1870, probated 4 Sep 1873
- Article on John L. Croom, 19 Aug 1895, Galveston Daily News
- A Sketch of the Life And Generations of Frederick and Fanny Davis; Watkins & Hicks, 1899
Topic revision: r9 - 18 May 2011 - 21:12:57 - RobinRistow