|Birth||07 July 1875|
|Death||30 Dec 1951 (aged 76) |
Dayton, Montgomery Co., Ohio
|Parents||Joseph Reich (Unknown–Unknown)|
Mary Neuner (Unknown–Unknown)
|Siblings|| Louis Reich (1860–1923)|
Simon Reich (1875–1951)
Simon immigrated to the United States in 1901, arriving in New York aboard the "La Savoie" on 18 Dec 1901. The ship's passenger list shows his occupation as a farmer and his destination as joining Alois Reich in Canton, Ohio along with two companions, Franz Bruner and Heinrich Glatzl.
Simon lived with his brother Louis and sister-in-law Barbara working at the Canton Brewery and then the Stark Brewing Co. in Canton, Ohio. Around 1905, he moved Dayton where he married Elizabeth (Louisa) Rappolt on May 29, 1906.
Simon and Louisa had the following known children:
- John Joseph Reich - Born 1907
- Edward L Reich - Born in 1909
- Herman Simon Reich - Born on January 18, 1912
- Elsie A Reich - Born abt 1915
Simon died on December 30, 1951 at his home in Dayton, Montgomery Co., Ohio and was buried in the Calvary Cemetery there.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957; Listing for Simon Reich, 18 December 1901
- US City Directories, 1822-1995; Canton, Ohio, City Directory, 1902; Listings for Reich
- US City Directories, 1822-1995; Canton, Ohio, City Directory, 1903; Listings for Reich
- US City Directories, 1822-1995; Canton, Ohio, City Directory, 1904; Listings for Reich
- Ohio, County Marriages, 1789-1994; Listing for Simon Reich
- Ohio, County Naturalization Records; Listing for Simon Reich, 1907, Montgomery Co.
- WW1 Draft Registration Card of Simon Reich
- Estate Records of Louis Reich, Stark County Probate Court, Case File No. 16479
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953; Listing for Simon Reich, 30 Dec 1951, Montgomery Co.
- Obituary of Simon Reich; Dayton (Ohio) Daily News, pub. 31 Dec 1951